Typical Match Day Schedule
You should arrive by 8:00am sharp! We are usually done for the day around 3pm so you can be home and cleaned up before dinner time (no guarantees on end time, it depends on the number of participants that day).
- 8:00 – Arrive by 8am for registration, uncasing, and stapling up targets, etc.
- 8:30 – Safety Briefing (If you miss registration or the safety briefing you may not be permitted to participate!)
- 9:00 – Start of Match
- ~12:00 – Lunch Break
- ~14:30 – Clean-up
- ~15:00 – Announce Scores/Placements and Handout Prizes (This is intentionally after the clean-up, if you don’t contribute you aren’t eligible for door prizes)
What do I need to bring?
- Valid PAL and valid DSSBCA membership
- Must have completed your prepaid match registration via website!
- A reliable semi-auto firearm
- 8 or more 5 round magazines (each stage may require up to 26 rounds which is 5x 5 rnd magazines plus one in the chamber before the start signal beep)
- Alternatively, if your firearm accepts pistol magazines… 4 or more 10 round magazines.
- Minimum of 120 rounds of ammunition (150-200 rounds recommended if you are not a “perfect shot”) With ammo prices going down, we are upping the round count a bit to average 40 per stage or 200 rounds required, bring extra to be sure! 250-300 will make you comfortable.
- High Visibility Chamber Flag
- Eye Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Quality boots or shoes (It can get muddy and the ground is not even – hiking boots are great!)
- Load bearing equipment to hold 4-8+ magazines
- Backpack or range bag to carry extra supplies (more ammo, snacks, sunscreen, bug spray)
- Appropriate outdoor clothing – we shoot rain or shine